The General and Laparoscopic Surgery Department provide comprehensive services in the fields of diagnosis, pre-operative management and post-operative care, both in terms of elective and emergency situations. Al Salam is equipped with a team of highly qualified staff, top of the line facilities and tools to provide round the clock care. Optimal emergency response rates, cross-consultation, and a notable recovery unit ensure the smoothest in-patient and out-patient experience. The General Surgery department provides the following services to patients:
- Outpatient consultation
- Cross consultation
- Treatment of wounds
- Minor surgical procedures
- Major surgeries (Laparoscopic as well as open surgeries)
Outfitted with cutting edge technology, the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department at Al Salam offers comprehensive surgical treatment and post - operative care for patients of all ages. From corrective surgery, to treating burn victims and cosmetic procedures that enhance confidence, our team of consultants are equipped with the technical know- how and latest technology to achieve optimal results.
The Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department is a super specialty unit that offers one-of- a kind comprehensive surgical treatment and post-operative care.
The following services are provided:
- Lipofilling of face and body.
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
- Buttocks Augmentation.
- Body Sculpting and Contouring (surgical and non-surgical).
- Breast reduction, augmentation and mastopexy.
- Face Lift (surgical and non-surgical).
- Botox, filler, PRP (hair and face), mesotherapy.
- Burn Treatment.
- Aesthetic Laser.
- Excision of skin lesions (moles, sebaceous cyst, etc).
Al Salam offers a wide spectrum of modern orthopedic management with an emphasis on providing effective treatment for all musculoskeletal ailments for all age groups. Our specialties range from newborns with congenital deformities, young athletes with bone fractures to elderly people suffering from arthritis. Our competent teams of consultants have ample experience in diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and disease prevention. Equipped with physiotherapists, in house radiology services as well as relevant patient education further advances the patient experience.
Our consultants with decades of proven experience in their respective specialties manage patient care by:
- Treatment plan
- Prevention through patient education
The services offered are classified into the following categories:
- General Orthopedic conditions
- Orthopaedic Surgeries
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Geriatric Orthopedic Care
- Management of mass casualty &polytrauma
- Outpatient consultation for the treatment of general orthopaedic conditions
- Operation theatres for orthopaedic surgical procedures
- Intensive care units for post-operative care
- Services of experienced physiotherapists
- Specialized in-house radiology services such as X-ray, 4D, Doppler, CT and MRI scans
The Accident and Emergency Department provides 24 hour urgent care to all categories of patients, 365 days a year. The emergency team is comprised of specialized doctors and paramedical staff trained to handle emergency life-saving intervention and resuscitation. In addition to the emergency doctors on site are a collective group of specialists servicing the department from Orthopedics, Neurosciences, General Surgery, Cardiology and General Medicine. The Emergency and Accident Department is equipped to provide prompt medical care in the following incidents and more:
- Traffic accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Epileptic fits
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe chest pain
- Suspected poisoning
The Department of General Medicine is dedicated to providing holistic healthcare to all patients. Our team of highly experienced physicians approach disease prevention, diagnosis, and non-surgical medical solutions as a priority, whether it is a common cold or a complex medical condition. Serving as a base specialty, General Medicine provides evidence based clinical evaluations of each patient’s condition. These evaluations benchmark the basis of treatment through multi-disciplinary specialists, and in specific cases warrants organ-specific, advanced care. Included in the department is the sub-specialty of the auto-immune disease of Rhumetaology. Al Salam integrates research and new medical approaches in the treatment regimen. The General Medicine Department is comprised of the following services:
- Outpatient and Inpatient care (assessment, diagnosis, treatment, re-assessment and follow-up)
- Medical emergency management
- Intensive Care services
- Diabetes Clinic
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic medical conditions
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Patient education
- General medical check-ups and screening (for patients over 18 years of age)
- Surgical fitness evaluation
- Consultation and patient referrals
The Advanced Neonatal and Pediatric Care Centre at Al Salam provides specialized medical care to newborns, infants, toddlers and children up to the age of 18. The department is comprised of a team of qualified specialist consultants, junior consultants and nursing staff specialized in delivering neonatal and pediatric patient care. In addition, support is provided via various multidisciplinary specialist departments to deliver optimal care and solutions when examining and diagnosing patients. As a front runner in the region for providing comprehensive pediatric healthcare, Al Salam focuses on providing a family-centered care approach to reduce stress and alleviate anxiety. The Neonatal and Pediatric Department provides the following care:
- Outpatient and Inpatient services for children aged up to 18 years
- Retinopathy of prematurity screening and laser therapy
- Hearing assessment and speech therapy
- Neuro-developmental assessment and intervention
- Pediatric emergency care and CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Pediatric surgery
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Nutritional assessment and dietary advice
- Child psychology and counseling services
- Education on safe parenting
The services provided by the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit include:
- Medical management premature babies
- Treatment of critically ill babies requiring surgery
- Stabilize and treat newborns with life-threatening medical problems
- Diagnosing and providing treatment to newborns
- Ensuringnutritional requirements of critically ill babies for healing and growth
Obstetrics and Gynecology focus on complete women’s health including physical, mental, social and emotional well-being of both mother and child. Al Salam’s core strength in this department stems from a team of highly qualified and experienced consultants, with ample knowledge in the field of women’s health from adolescence through to childbearing and menopause. Comprehensive care is provided to patients in the following areas:
- General gynecology
- Maternal fetal medicine
- Laparoscopic gynecological surgery
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Gynecological oncology
- Outpatient and Inpatient evaluation & treatment
- Pre-conception screening
- Antenatal services
- Painless labor
- Adolescent and menopausal counseling
- Screening and prophylaxis for cervical cancer
- Non-surgical approach for myomas/endometriosis
- Laparoscopic management of conditions
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Normal deliveries – 24 hours fetal and maternal monitoring
- High-risk pregnancies
- Premature babies
- Treatment of recurrent abortions
- Family planning counseling
- Gynecological surgery (Open and Laparoscopic)
- Gynecologic Oncology and Screening
- Reproductive medicine
Physiotherapy at Al Salam delivers comprehensive solutions to treat a wide range of physical complications through movement and exercise, manual therapy and education. Physical therapy services are provided to both inpatient and outpatients to effectively reduce pain, restore movement and rehabilitate patients to carry out daily activities. The Physiotherapy Department is trained to rehabilitate dysfunctions related to the musculoskeletal system, obstetrics, orthopedics, neurological and pediatric conditions. Modern equipment and necessary skillset aid our team of qualified physiotherapists to employ a wide range of modalities of treatment that include:
- Interferential Therapy
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Shortwave Diathermy
- Electric Stimulation
- Continuous Passive Motion
- Paraffin Wax Bath
- Exercise Therapy
Diagnostic imaging, therapeutics, and consultative radiology services are available round the clock in Al Salam. From a team of certified radiologists, supplemented by trained technologists that are committed to patient care, the Radiology Department is entirely fitted with computerized services and thus, chemical free. Top of the line radiographic equipment ensures efficiency and accuracy from the Color Doppler, Ultrasound equipment, and multi-slice CT Scanner. Radiology is equipped to provide the following diagnostic imaging and radiography services:
- 128 Slice CT scan
- Color Doppler Scanning Obstetrics
- 1.5 Tesla MRI Scan
- Bone Mass Densitometry
- Ortho Pandamogran with Cephalometry
- Plain radiography
- Barium studies
- Guided FNAC/Biopsy
- Intravenous urethrogram
The Al Salam Department of Pharmacy is equipped with trained Technicians, Pharmacists and Clinical Pharmacists to ensure safe, competent and accurate patient care. The hospital is committed to ensuring the continuous development, coordination and review of all professional standards, procedures and policies pertinent to the well-being of the department in terms of procurement, storage, dispensing and the safe use of medications. Personnel partake in regular continuing education as required by the NHRA to maintain proficiency and competence. In-patients, out-patients and emergency pharmacy services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pharmacists are available and on call to answer and provide medical inquiries.
Pharmacy Department Services:
- Dispensing of pharmaceuticals
- Inventory maintenance
- Drug monitoring
- Record keeping
- Patient drug assessment function
- Drug information
- Education services and performance improvement
- Patient counseling
- Provide a consistent process of patient care that ensures the appropriateness, effectiveness, and safety of the patient’s medication use.
The Central Laboratory Service is a well-equipped, modern diagnostics laboratory facility. Highly qualified and experienced professionals include a Consultant Pathologist, Laboratory Technicians and Support Services personnel to manage the facility. This team of professionals provides comprehensive analytical, diagnostic and advisory services in Clinical Chemistry, Immunology, Serology, Virology, Hematology, Clinical Microscopy, Blood Banking, Microbiology, Urinalysis, Stool Analysis, Histopathology and Cytology. The Laboratory conveniently operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
The Anesthesia Department in Al Salam Hospital provides top of the line anesthetic services for all surgical specialities within the hospital, as well as 24 hour on-call emergency services. Our team of highly qualified anesthesiologists provide pre-operative care, quality pain relief during surgery and manage post-operative patient care. In addition, the Anesthesia department provides non-surgical pain relief and critical care management for other medical illnesses.
The Anesthesia Department provides the following care:
- Pre-operative evaluation and patient consultation
- Create tailored patient pain relief plans
- Anesthesia administration management
- Airway management
- Day care anesthesia services
- Intraoperative life support and provision of pain control to the patient
- Intraoperative diagnostic stabilization
- Post-operative patient management
- Chronic pain consultation
- Acute pain service
- Labor analgesia services
- Advanced vascular access services
- Ultrasound guided nerve blocks
- Percutaneous tracheostomy
- Video bronchoscopy for ICU patients
- Management of mechanical ventilators in ICU
The Urology Department identifies a variety of conditions related to the urinary tract. The Urology domain includes but is not limited to the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder and urethra. The department offers comprehensive services to diagnose and treat urological conditions in adults, pediatrics and neonatal patients. Some of the services covered in this department include:
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Outpatient and in-patient care
- Emergency care
- Surgical care
- Comprehensive care for urinary stone diseases
- Percutaneous renal surgery
- Intra-renal stone surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Impotency treatment
- Infertility treatment
- Female urology
- Pediatric urology
- Reconstructive urology
The Department of Dermatology diagnosis disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails.
A team of qualified consultants have been appointed to diagnose and treat a variety of skin diseases ranging from allergies and irritation to inflammation.
- Skin tag removal.
- Botox and filler.
- Chemical peel.
- Hydra facial.
- Prp and mesotherapy.
- Fat lipolysis.
- Treatment for Facial.
- Carbon peel ,spectra fine hair reduction, laser hair reduction and tattoo removal.
- Non surgical facial rejuvenation and lifting.
- Thread lifting.
- Cellulite treatment.
- Skin tightening procedures.
- Medical mask.
- Treatment for hyperhydrosis with botox under arm and hands.
- Dermatology disease ( acne , eczema, wart, females sexual transmitted disease).
At AlSalam Specialist Hospital, our experienced doctors in their field, supported by latest equipment’s and state of the art facilities, is determined to provide the best possible care for a wide spectrum of heart ailments to all its patients at an affordable cost.